If you do not know, avocado hand is an injury sustained during slicing an avocado incorrectly. What to do? What to do? Learn how to slice an avocado correctly of course! Dah!
As outlined in my cookbook, here is how to slice an avocado correctly:
1. Place a clean avocado on a cutting board,
2. Place your hand on top, fingers pointing toward you and flared upwards.
3. As you apply pressure to the top of the avocado, insert the largest part of the chef’s knife blade into the largest part of the avocado.
4. Rotate the avocado to make an even cut all the way around,
5. Give the avocado a turn and repeat on this side.
6. The slices will fall away from pit.
7. Peel the skin away.
8. Admire your lovely slices while reveling in the fact Mary Grube is genius.
9. Proceed with whatever you need avocado for be that toast, salad, guacamole, hippie fudge/brownies or whatever.
10. Repeat step 8.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor