There is nothing that makes me smile like the smell of freshly-baked goodies. I love the scent of scones fresh from the oven and to see the way the currants have plumped to nearly bursting. My heart skips a beat when the gentle fragrance of vanilla and butter wafts through the house like a song. When I bake brownies, it’s like chocolate unicorns are dancing in my kitchen...
Inspired by my early morning baking, I thought I would share a few tips for brownie baking I hope you find useful, Dear Readers:
1. Always make extra brownies. Enough is not as good as a piece when it comes to chocoholics that mascarade as pretty girls.
2. Use a mix of brown and white sugars to give your brownies a slightly caramel flavor.
3. Both vanilla and chocolate make chocolate taste more chocolatey.
4. Go for the wet crumb NOT the dry crumb. (Moist brownie batter will cling to a wooden skewer and can be rolled around with your fingers.)
5. Toss any mix-ins like nuts and/or chocolate chips with a little flour before adding to the batter.
Leave a Reply.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor