If, Dear Readers, you give a cook a cookie, he or she will:
1. Eat it. After all, cooks are smart.
2. Offer to share it. After all, cooks are nurturing.
3. Offer to make it better. After all, cooks are control freaks.
If, Dear Readers, you give this cook a cookie, I will:
1. See 1-3.
2. Teach you how to make it better. I would suggest topping it with ice cream and/crumbling it into chunky crumbs and toasting the crumbs to make a crispy topping for ice cream and fruit or bashing it into fine crumbs, tossing the crumbs with butter and pressing them into a tart mold to make a no-bake crust and then top it with ice cream and fruit.
3. Ask for a glass of milk or a liquor. (See number 1.)
4. Say, “Thank you.” After all, cooks are polite.
What would you do?
Avid home cook and passionate instructor