Embracing the Lush in the Slush
It's COLD outside, Dear Readers. We really have no choice but to embrace the lush in the slush.
For those of you out there, reading this blog as you study your area's weather forecast of snow, rain, sleet, snow, rain, sleet, repeat; please stop rolling your eyes and clucking your tongue at me. Is there something else to do that comes to mind? B'ing and M'ing (Bitching and Moaning) although fun, never solved anything. Sitting about, lamenting all the outdoor activities you wish you had indulged in (when the sun was shining and the temperatures sat above 50 degrees) will not change the fact, life finds a way. So, what to do? What to do?
1. Pour your self something lovely (and warm) to drink.
2. Take your vitamins D and C. The D will help with the "blues" and the C will help you stay healthier.
3. Create a plan. Nothing cures the winter "blues" like a plan.
4. Make a summer-themed meal. This could be grilled chicken or burgers (to mimic an outdoor barbecue) served with iced tea or lemonade (visit my Recipe page for my Lemonade recipe), potato salad, a fresh, crisp green salad and ice cream sundaes or root beer floats for dessert.
5. Put on some music, sing along and dance like no one is judging because, guess what? Who cares if they are judging! Life is too short to worry. Be silly!
6. Make someone laugh.
Now, be honest, doesn't putting energy into embracing the lush in the slush sound like fun? Share your cure(s) for the winter "blues" in the comments section.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor