Sometimes our family looks at us, the "Cook" of the house and says, "Let's Eat!" They look at us as if speaking the words, "Let's Eat!" will make a meal magically appear on the table. What if it could? What if you had a freezer full of ready to go, magic meals? Today I offer a list of meals to have in the freezer when a magic meal is just the ticket. The meals on this list should/could go from oven to table in an hour or less. (I have shared similar lists but it's always good to post again.)
1. Pot Pie (Homemade or otherwise, no judging)
2. Pizza (Yes, frozen OR make French bread pizza with a loaf of bread, red sauce and cheese)
3. Pasta (serve this with a buttery herb sauce, a quick Alfredo Sauce or a pre-made red sauce and cheese)
5. Lasagna or Manicotti, Ravioli (Use the pre-made red sauce you have on hand and go meatless if you prefer.)
6. Various frozen, packaged chicken dishes you made in bulk with things like olive oil and lemon, vinaigrette dressing, barbecue sauce, whatever. Pack up the chicken in resealable bags, LABEL the bags and freeze for a quick (magic) meal.
7. Soup and salad
8. Eggs, served anyway you like
9. Ice cream for a quick dessert
Okay. That's it for now. Please add your ideas in the comments section. This list is just a start to keep you and your family fed through the craziness of the holiday season when time can be short.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor