The school year is coming to a close and that means one thing, potluck parties. Potluck after potluck like a bad parade. In order to be ever-ready for the unending potluck parade, I like to have things on hand to mix up or bake off at the last minute for ‘I forgot I was supposed to send something in to school’ days. (Not that I ever do this of course! No judging!) Anyway, today was NOT one of those of days, course I didn’t forget to send my child into school with snacks and treats to share. I’m hurt you think it was, Dear Reader. I thought we were friends? It was an, ‘of course I remembered to bake cookies for the potluck, I just wanted them to freshly baked so I dropped them off’ kind of days.
Now, if you’re like me and you never, ever, ever forget a potluck is happening, you don’t these tips, but, and I mean but, you know someone who occasionally is a human being and forgets about the potluck because they have a life-type of person, then the following tips might help them get through the potluck parade season.
Tips and tricks for surviving the potluck parade season:
1. Make and portion cookie dough ;then, freeze it for whenever you need a last minute treat.
2. Have things like dip mixes ready like taco seasoning and soup mix on hand so you can mix them with sour cream for quick snack.
3. Have cream cheese on hand to top with salsa or spread onto cucumbers, radishes or crackers. Top it with a fresh spring of herbs and Bob’s your uncle.
4. Have munchies like corn chips and other gluten-free snacks available because everyone seems to be intolerant of the demon gluten these days and goodness forbid someone feels excluded.
5. Have your “can do” attitude locked and loaded.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor