Well Dear Readers. It has finally arrived! Yard sale season! (I should say Recycling Season.) Grab your small bills and coins, put on your comfy shoes and cloths, slather up with sunscreen, gird your loins and lets party! Yard sale season signals a few things but the fact it ushers in Spring and Summer have to be my favorites. Yard sales allow me to indulge in senseless purchases and participate in recycling. What the what? "Participate in recycling?" Yep. You read that correctly, Dear Readers. Yard sales are the ultimate form of recycling and I am more than happy to do my part!
Today, I offer a few free Recycling Season tips I believe you will find useful:
1. NEVER show your excitement about an item until you are alone. (This helps with bargaining.)
2. NEVER be rude to the seller at a yard sale. (This mean not making a mess or being nasty if they do not want to pay your price.)
3. DO wear comfy clothes that are ideal for walking, squatting and getting a bit dirty.
4. DO wear sunscreen and/or a hat.
5. Do bring small bills and change. (Just be careful to save yourself a bit of parking money.)
6. DO have a "wish" list because that way you are always open to surprises.
7. DO be organized. (This means clearing your car for the unexpected large purchase and having places to keep breakable items safe from harm. This also means having a route in mind so you don't waste gasoline.)
Please share your free tips in the comments section so we can all help with this year's recycling season.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor