I posted a little something about packing bagged meals last time so I thought I would keep with the travel theme and offer some tips about travel buddies. Even if you are traveling alone, certain comforts can be helpful, maybe especially if you are traveling alone.
Here are a few tips:
1. Smile. Smile a lot!
2. Talk to locals.
3. Ask for directions because see #2. (Obviously this little tip is for women.)
4. Turn that corner and explore what is behind that door. (DO NOT do this if it's a dangerous corner or your gut is telling you not to do it.)
5. Listen to your gut.
6. Take a chance. (This one relates to 1-5.)
7. Be respectful.
8. For goodness sake wear comfortable shoes.
9. Pack a good travel pillow.
A travel buddy can be that person who offers to assist you with hulking your luggage up the stairs or points you in the right direction or helps you find where you are going. I am always amazed at the kindnesses I am shown and how much more comfortable I am when traveling because I follow the simple tips I offer above.
Please share any travel tips you have so we all can find a travel buddy or two the next time we go exploring.
Avid home cook and passionate instructor